I know where you are right now, because I was there too.
I was 19 when I had my first full blown panic attack. I was waiting tables and working as a barmaid to pay my bills (I still hadn’t graduated from high school…a story I won’t get into here), living in subsidized housing, convinced I was dying. That’s what panic feels like. Like cinderblocks crushing your chest and your heart on the verge of exploding and your mind just screaming nonsense at you like: you are going to die! My life was imploding on me and I had no clue how to get it back on track.
I continued to feel panic and severe depression even as I (finally) went to college in Virginia and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in International Studies, even as I moved to Oregon and worked my dream job as a Wilderness therapy head field instructor, even as I completed my Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (and yes, I do see the irony there). I went to countless therapy sessions, did EMDR, went on and off meds several times. The belief that I was secretly a fraud haunted me, for how could I truly help others when I was such a mess myself?
My inner voice was a tyrant. I needed to conquer that bitch.
I started attending a 12-step program to discover a more spiritual approach to my problems (codependency, control, and perfectionism, to name a few). That’s when things truly turned a corner. While therapy was a pivotal part of my healing journey, it wasn’t until I started weaving in my spiritual work that I felt true and long-lasting relief. I felt truly changed from the inside out.
I finally feel like the me I present to the world and the me that lives inside my body are actually the same person. I feel connected and in the flow of the synchronicity of the universe. I actually trust that things will work out, and they do. I am willing and excited to take risks, and I feel filled with joy and gratitude every day. Sometimes that tyrannical inner voices still shows up to say: “Who do you think you are?” and I just love the shit out of her and put her back in her place.
This is what this work does. Won’t you do it with me?
My Experience / Credentials:
- Licensed Professional Counselor since 2016
- BA in International Studies from Virginia Commonwealth University
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Oregon State University
- Certified Sacred Breathwork Facilitator from Sacred Breath Academy
- Huna Level 1 Training with Dr. Matt James
- Psychodrama Training with Dr. Antonina Garcia
- Other trainings: Hakomi Method, Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy, Focusing Technique, Interpersonal Neurobiology, Attachment Theory and Complex Trauma, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Sacred Postpartum, Witch Camp (Seattle area and Bali), Priestess Path training
My Work Experience
- SageWalk, the Wilderness School – wilderness therapy for at-risk youth
- North Star Center – transitional living for young adults in drug and alcohol recovery
- Meadowlark Manor – group home for teen girls in foster care
- Cascade Crest Transitions – parent specialist for young people in transitional living
- New Leaf Academy – therapeutic boarding school for girls ages 10-16
- Private Therapy Practice since 2014, specializing in adolescents and adult women with anxiety, depression, relationship and family issues
My Personal Growth Journey
- Worked the 12-steps
- Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Shamanic Healing
- Soul Retrieval
- Sandtray Therapy
- Narrative and Bibliotherapy
- Nature/Eco Therapy
- Wilderness solo
- Spiritual Pilgrimage to Glastonbury and Edinburgh, UK
- Traditional Therapy and Coaching